Fixing your website’s on-site SEO involves identifying and addressing any technical issues and ensuring that your website’s content and structure are optimized for search engines.
Here are 7 steps to take to improve your on-site SEO
- Conduct a website audit: Before making any changes, it’s important to conduct a thorough audit of your website to identify any technical issues that may be impacting your search engine rankings. Use tools like Google Search Console and SEMrush to identify any crawl errors, broken links, or other technical issues.
- Optimize your website structure: Your website’s structure plays a key role in its search engine rankings. Make sure your website is well-organized and easy to navigate, with a clear hierarchy of pages and a logical structure.
- Optimize your content: Your website’s content should be optimized for search engines by incorporating relevant keywords and phrases, and providing high-quality, informative content. Use tools like Google Keyword Planner to identify relevant keywords and phrases, and incorporate them into your website’s content.
- Optimize your metadata: Your website’s metadata, including page titles, meta descriptions, and header tags, should be optimized for search engines. Make sure your metadata is descriptive, accurate, and includes relevant keywords and phrases.
- Optimize your images: Images can have a significant impact on your website’s search engine rankings. Make sure your images are optimized by using descriptive file names and alt tags, and compressing them to improve page load times.
- Ensure your website is mobile-friendly: With more and more users accessing the internet on mobile devices, it’s important to ensure that your website is mobile-friendly. Use tools like Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test to identify any issues and make necessary changes.
- Build internal links: Internal linking can help improve your website’s search engine rankings by providing search engines with a clear understanding of your website’s structure and hierarchy. Use internal links to connect related pages and help users navigate your website.
By following these steps, you can improve your website’s on-site SEO and increase its visibility in search engine results pages. It’s worth noting that SEO is an ongoing process, and it’s important to regularly monitor your website’s performance and make necessary changes to ensure that it continues to rank well in search engines.